- Passionate about connecting with people outside of your immediate congregation and doing things differently?
- Someone who starts new things?
- Interested in exploring innovative forms of mission and ministry?
- Looking to develop your understanding of mission for your context?
Pioneers are those who:
- Learn to pay attention to what God is doing in the world and join in.
- Read the local context and value the local culture, then share the gospel in appropriate ways.
- Partner with local people to create a new contextual Christian community for people who wouldn’t normally join one.
Pioneering in the Church of England vision for the 2020’s
It is an exciting time for Pioneers. The role of Pioneering is a key feature within the three priorities laid out in the Church of England Vision and strategy for the 2020’s. If you would like to learn more about this vision and strategy see Vision and Strategy | The Church of England.
Pioneering in the Diocese of Salisbury
As a diocese we are seeking to cultivate an environment where pioneering is recognised as something we are all part of and connected to as missional disciples. It is something that happens in relationship and not isolation as part of a wider, richer ecosystem – a ‘mixed ecology’ of Church (see Vision and Strategy | The Church of England) which draws together the various elements rather than drives them apart.
See here the CMS Certificate, Pioneer Mission first study weekend article, from Sally Taylor and Paul Bradbury as part of Poole Missional communities in collabration with Bath and Wells, Truro Diocese.
How to join in and who to contact
Whether you are exploring a possible vocational call to Pioneer Ministry – lay or ordained – or are keen to connect with other Pioneers and develop your practice, or explore how you might advocate for or collaborate with those who have a particular Pioneer vocation, there are a variety of ways to join in.
Contact the Ministry Team if you are interested in:
- Information about Pioneer Networks (in Dorset and Wiltshire).
- Bespoke curacies for Pioneers with some specific support from experienced Pioneers, or other opportunities to connect and develop alongside fellow Pioneers and innovators.
- You are interested in Pioneer advocacy or oversight.
If you are keen to explore a call to Lay Pioneering, please contact our Lay Ministry Development Officer.
If you are keen to explore a call to Ordained Pioneering please contact the Vocations Team.
Details of the next CMS course in Pioneer Mission are available here
Contact the Ministry Team
Mr Steve Inglis